Friday, January 06, 2006

Me: Super Gingko Giloba or Brain Implant

[Kris Lounge - Changi Airport]

I think I may need super gingko giloba or brain implant or just upgrade my OS brain to latest update. I was on the hall of Changi Airport accessing my email after setting up alarm on my phone at 9:00am. Later, I'd just realized that I missed the flight SQ-12 to LAX when I saw it was passed 10minutes from latest boarding time and my alarm had not sounded yet. What a pitty, I had updated different time zone on my wrist watch on the flight but not on my mobile phone. I didnot realized it until the F52 gate was closed for boarding. I was not alone, I saw a young couple who missed the same flight also ... I think they may need not only upgrading their OS but also upgrading their brain instead. [Besides that, I did quick react by reporting to the officer so I got my replacement flight on SQ-20 direct flight to LAX, while they were still struggling to get seats]

Not because this one thing that I felt upgrading my OS brain might help. The story was started the day before. It was the "damn-hectic-busy" Thursday, where I had to do real multi tasking jobs - I meant, real multi tasking - with the same deadline and I had to do it perfectly. I had to arrange face to face for appraisal of my subordinates in the correct process (it means to have discussion more than 45minutes each and I had five subordinates on the schedule for that day), I had to get appraisals discussion from my boss, besides my other day-to-day operation things in my mind - while I had to arrange my flight itirenary on the last day (after the route was changed and I need to go to London also). All was done at 5:30, great - seems nothing wrong so far.

Later, I had just realized that I had to settle all expenses before my departure to give the free space on my Amex Card... which was another one thousand dollars before it reached the limit. I unpacked my bag, pulled out my T41, updated the expense - printed and leaved it to Secretary desk... returned to home, arranged last dinner with family (for this month) and purchased new jacket for my trip. So far so good, ... until when I checked my bag --- my T41 was not there. It was 9:30pm after tired day, I had to drive to the office to get my T41 or disturbed my next trip without my notebook in my bag. Because I was so tired, also my wife was - I requested her to accompany me to drive and it meant all my kids had to join us for sleeping only (They were afraid if we leaved them alone). At 10:00pm or 30 minutes driving, I arrived at Arkadia and fortunately I met Security Officer, Dasuki whom was bringing two notebooks with him and one of them was mine. I got the notebook and driven back home. Tired ... pack the bag ... and sleep tiredly and soundly.

Back to what happened in Changi, I was enjoying my lunch on the lounge and everything had been settled which cost me SGD 500++, when the couple was entering the lounge. I did not know and did not want to - which flight they would be, but I believe they would wait longer than me. I set all my devices to Singapore time zone and set alarm properly, hope that I'll be boarding shortly at 2:30pm (60 minutes before the gate close).

From all "bad" things with my partially corrupted data in my head (i think i just need additional partition and reformat in my head later), I met helpful and nice people there, Dasuki was one, an indian singaporean girl in transfer officer and Syahrul Hamid in the lounge desk. They were very helpful for me.

No comments: