Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Me: Good Bye, my friend

[houston]
--- dedicated for my friend, late hari santoso, who passed away on duty in bravo flowstation after got heart attack today, january 10 at 7:00pm local time (GMT+7). may Lord bless you with forgiveness and heaven and also bless for your family with strength and faith, my friend ---

05:30am
i was on the hotel to prepare to celebrate the feast of sacrifice (idul adha) when i got a message that my friend, hari santoso, got heart attack in bravo flowstation (one of offshore oil and gas facilities in my area). it was about 6:30pm in jakarta or 5:30am in houston, medical evacuation chopper was on the way and i prayed for his condition. i'd called bravo but it was busy day there, then i just proceeded to go to the mosque.

06:30am
i'd arrived in the mosque mustapha - isgh bear creek, where i used to join for friday praying, i expected early arrival there but it was no activity inside or outside there. i kept calling bravo flowstation, expected get any update news of my friend's condition.

07:15am
somebody -- a pakistani -- stopped his car and approached and offered me for any help. later he told me that this mosque would not conduct any praying today, but all houston will conduct on convention hall in downtown - and it was impossible for me to go there with less than an hour with current traffic. i planned to drive back to hotel.

08:00am
nyoman called me on the way to hotel and informed me that my friend had passed away. medical team in offshore had done everything possible to keep him alive, but Lord had different scenario. he passed away ... inna lillahi wa inna ilaih rajiun -- indeed, all comes from Lord and to Him we will return --. i parked my car to listen his story and to settle my feelings. it was about half an hour just stay there. some drivers were watching me (i worn a moslem shirt and peci - a moslem cap) while i was staring at nothing.

today was the hardest time for me to face my friend passed away. i remembered when we had family gathering in lembang - and he was one of initiator and executor to make this gathering succesful.

hari, good bye --- may Lord give us His merciful, forgiveness and heaven.

No comments: