Wednesday, January 31, 2007

[kids] halal and no msg

[nirwana]
oki run to me with a hand full of chocolate, "papa, is it okey to buy me one, there is a halal sign and no msg", my five year old boy asking for a snack. no wonder for me, my kids asked me like that as i tried to embed deep in their head that we can only eat halal food and msg can make us stupid as it is a toxic for our brain... and it works.

when we go to hypermart or carrefour to buy goods, they will ready to fill up their basket with candy and snack. i do encourage them to set how much they want to buy and i have set them such boundaries: known brand with halal sign and no msg. eventhough sometime the manufacturers manipulated msg with mono sodium glutamate or mono natrium glutamate. sometimes my kids pointed out on the ingridients that there is no "msg", but i clarified that msg is similar with mono sodium glutamate or mono natrium glutamate, as written in ingredient.

sometimes, i let them to buy one, specially when oki asked something that crossing my boundary. he will keep asking me "please, papa ... just once and i want it so much ... please papa". but now, the kids have better understanding.

while for me and my wife, our boundary is more stringent - we will seek "halal food" from legal MUI and "made in Indonesia" is most preferred goods. I gave up using Mobile-1 and use Fastron of Pertamina, I keep buying Pertamax instead of Shell or Petronas fuel gas. I selectively buy Cadburry to avoid "made in Malaysia", never bought Pantene of Thailand and buy Dove or Clear of Unilever.

Later, I will educate my kids higher after moving class from "halal with no msg" to "legally halal, no msg and made in Indonesia".

Thing that I keep buying regularly is K Link product as some product is made in Indonesia, Malaysia, USA or India.

No comments: