Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My New Hobbies: Diving

beyond the limit and beat your fear

one thing the scary me most is the deep water. and I mean, the deep water is everything deeper than 1.5 m, where I can stand on my foot. the reason is so simple, I can't fly and also can't float. Yes, I can't swim even though I've learnt most all my life... Oops, not so right, at least I've learned since I was in junior school

last sefo (my outdoor club) expedition, cycling and snorkeling, in North Sulawesi from Tomohon down to Bunaken, I exposed the scary moment when snorkled in Bunaken. during snorkeling on the shallow depth, full of white beautiful coral with various organism surrounding, the drift pushed me out. and suddenly, the white beautiful seabed changed into scary blue dark endless seabed. my mood suddenly disappeared, from full of amusement into the most scary feeling... like the black hole ready to pull and eat me alive. frantically swim toward the beach

then, I thought that learn to swim and or dive will overcome my phobia (if I can call this as my phobia). I chose the shortcut, learn to dive. I asked various dive courses, but always the first requisite was swim at any style for 100m. Dead end, until I found Scuba School International where more encouraging to join the class and learn both swim and dive. Finally, I joined the class and certified open water successfully

My first experience diving at 20 m depth during open water certification was jaw dropping experience and expect another wow in other top notch dive spot. I can dive now, but still can't swim. Hope soon I can also swim better than before

The sea has called me several times to dive more and dive better. I have properly equipped for this. I used various website to make comparison, which best dive equipment value for my pocket, and I most used http://theadventure-junkies.com (by Amanda Zeisset) as my most reference. Finally I choosed Mares XVU LiquidSkin Mask (Top 5), Mares Avanti Quattro Plus Fin (Top Notch) and Mares Flexa Wetsuit (Top 5). I have to wait couple months to complete my dive gear

No comments: